Please read the Rules and Regulations of the Niels Bohr Library & Archives and fill out our online Access Application before proceeding with your research in this collection.
Library Rules and Regulations
- I shall not quote from any of the materials to which I am given access without the permission of the proprietor of the literary rights to that material and I recognize that, should I wish to so quote, it is my obligation to obtain such permission from the proprietor of those rights.
- I shall paraphrase the material only in such detail as is essential to a just expression of its historical and scientific substance.
- I agree to give credit to the Niels Bohr Library, Center for History of Physics, at the American Institute of Physics, whenever documentary source material from the Library is quoted, or summarized, or otherwise used in a publication.
- If I am allowed to copy, or to have copies made of any of the documents, in whole or in part, by microfilming or other techniques (including copying by hand), I shall use the copies only for scholarly purposes and subject to the preceding restrictions. Moreover, I shall not allow any copied material to pass into the hands of others without the written consent of the Director of the American Institute of Physics.
- I agree to deposit a copy of the published results of the research with the Niels Bohr Library, Center for the History of Physics, at the American Institute of Physics.
To apply for access to the archival material preserved in the Niels Bohr Library at the American Institute of Physics, please complete this form.
Restrictions on use
Permission to cite from this collection is required in advance. Please contact us for permission prior to publishing your research.
Please cite as: Folder [Number], Box [Number], Samuel A. Goudsmit papers. Niels Bohr Library & Archives, American Institute of Physics. One Physics Ellipse, College Park, MD 20740.
If your project requires a higher-resolution image than the 400 dpi images provided, please contact us for assistance.