Below: Columbia's "new" Physics Laboratory building at its
opening, 1927. The building was afterward named for Prof. Michael Pupin.
Designed by the famous architectural firm McKim, Meade and White to cohere
with the design of other campus buildings, the Pupin Physics Laboratories
was declared a national landmark in 1965. Photo courtesy Columbia University
Archives - Columbiana Library.
RETURN to this article
RETURN to Fall 2003 Photos & Quotes Page
RETURN to Fall 2003 Newsletter Table of Contents