for the History of the Max Planck Society at Berlin-Dahlem, in the building
of the former Kaiser Wilhelm Institute/Max-Planck Institute for Cell
Physiology, with the former Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics behind.
Both institutes were built with funds from the Rockefeller Foundation
in 1930 resp. 1936/37. The round tower once housed a cascade generator:
since 1999 it serves as stockroom for the Archives. Photo courtesy of
the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science (MPS).