AIP's Scitation® DocumentStore Adds Suite of New E-Commerce Features
MELVILLE, NEW YORK, 1 August 2006 — The American Institute of Physics (AIP) announced the release today of the next generation of its Scitation® online document delivery service, DocumentStore. Scitation's DocumentStore gives researchers convenient and affordable access to hundreds of thousands of articles from nearly 150 science and engineering publications hosted on AIP's Scitation online platform.
The cornerstone of the expanded e-commerce site is a shopping cart that facilitates the purchase of multiple documents in a single transaction. The cart system also includes an "order progress meter" and improved dynamic error messages to better assist users in filling out forms. Viewed in its entirety, the new site represents a significant upgrade, both in the features available to users and in those that improve security and overall site flexibility for publishers that offer pay-per-view article sales.In addition to the new shopping cart system, readers accessing DocumentStore will find a host of user-friendly features, including the ability to:
- Use a DocumentStore account username and password to access MyScitation personalization features
- Use a Scitation account username and password to create a DocumentStore account
- View a metadata-rich display (titles, author, citation information) for each article, and see a running total of items and cost for the current session
- Receive web and e-mail receipts and track and retain articles on a personal Order History page
- Reaccess misplaced files for 24 hours
A number of features geared toward improving back-office operations will allow AIP's publishing clients to:
- Incorporate promotion codes
- Fulfill society member discounts
- Collect VAT for EU-based journals and allow purchasers to enter VAT registration numbers
- Enjoy enhanced security through enforcement of the Card Security Code (CSC) and the Address Verification System (AVS)
"With the initial launch of DocumentStore in 1998, AIP became one of the first scientific publishers to offer broad-based single article online purchase and delivery to anyone on the Internet," said Frank Perugini, AIP's Director of Online Services. "This current upgrade makes DocumentStore and its formidable archive of science and engineering papers at once a convenient, easy-to-navigate site for researchers and a secure and flexible environment for our Scitation partners."
The American Institute of Physics (www.aip.org) is a not-for-profit corporation with a mission to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics and related fields of science and engineering and its applications to human welfare. Today, in addition to publishing magazines and journals, AIP provides composition, printing, fulfillment, marketing, and other services to science and engineering publishers. AIP also fulfills its mandate by operating Scitation, the online home of nearly 150 leading publications from more than 20 science and engineering societies.
For more information, contact:
Phone: +1 516 576 2262