Please note the updated event structure. We will hold the session—TEAM-UP as a Model of Culture Change—virtually, from 10:00am – 12:15pm Eastern time. We will postpone the other portions of the Assembly to a later date.
This page includes:
- Zoom Call Login Information
- Information about how the session will be conducted
- How to use Zoom
- Lodging Cancellations
Zoom Call Login Information
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/437023043
Meeting ID: 437 023 043
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,437023043# US (New York)
+13126266799,,437023043# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 437 023 043
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aQdHIK2YB
Information about how the session will be conducted
- After launching Zoom, please JOIN THE MEETING by video and through your computer audio, phone audio is not reliable.
- To visually join the meeting click video camera at the bottom of your screen.
- PRO TIP: If the video or call quality is bad, turning off your camera can reduce the bandwidth needed and help maintain a clearer broadcast.
- You will automatically be placed on mute when you enter the meeting.
- To unmute yourself, click on the microphone at the bottom of your screen.
- Please keep the mute button enabled until you want to speak; this will decrease distracting noises for other participants.
- There will be three periods during the Assembly for Questions. Please use the Chat feature at the bottom of your screen to participate in the Q&A. At any point during the presentation, you may type your question under Chat (your question will be visible to all participants). During the Q&A, a moderator will select questions from the chat and ask participants to voice their questions to the entire panel. When called upon, unmute your microphone while posing your question/comment, then remute after your question has been asked.
- This session will be recorded for additional sharing.
- TROUBLESHOOTING – If you have issues you can message a host for assistance (hosts are identified in the list of participants. If you lose connectivity or accidentally leave the meeting, simply log back into the meeting through the above Zoom link.
How to use Zoom
- First time users should download and install the application in advance of the meeting. To download the app to a computer:
- On the Zoom website ( https://zoom.us/ ), and scroll to the very bottom of the webpage.
- In the “Downloads” column, click the “Meetings Client” link (outlined in red below).
- Under the “Zoom Client for Meetings” heading, click “Download.”
- In the computer’s “Downloads” folder, open the “zoomusInstaller.pkg” file to launch the Zoom app.
- To create an account: (Not necessary, but provides more functionality)
- Go to the Zoom website: ( https://zoom.us/ ). In the upper righthand corner of the webpage, click “Sign up, It’s Free.”
- Enter a valid email to be associated with the Zoom account. A confirmation email will be sent to that address with an “Activate Account” link. Follow the steps to finalize the account.
- PRO TIP: the confirmation email may take a while to be sent, so be sure to create an account well in advance of the first meeting.
- To change view settings:
- There are three view options: Gallery, Speaker, and Minimize.
“Gallery view” will make all participant tiles equal sizes. You can have up to 49 tiles on one screen. Multiple screen pages are automatically made with more attendees.
“Speaker view” will minimize all tiles except that of the person currently speaking.
Clicking the Minimize button of the meeting window will create a single speaker window that floats in front of all other open windows. You can drag the floating video anywhere on your screen.
To escape the Minimized view, click the “Expand view” (square with green arrow) icon on the video window.
- To change between Gallery and Speaker views, move the cursor over the upper right corner of the meeting window.
- At the end of the meeting, simply click Leave the Meeting at the bottom right of your screen
If you booked a room through the Assembly RSVP site, then AIP will cancel your room for you. There will be no charges. If you booked your own room directly with the Cambria Hotel or any other property, you will need to cancel your hotel room ASAP. Any questions about lodging can be directed to Vanessa J. Bridges at vbridges [at] aip.org or (301) 209-3122.
Member Society Presidents and/or President's Designees, designated volunteers, and invited speakers, should cancel airline/train tickets as soon as practical after notification of event cancellation to receive an airline/rail credit to be used at a future time. If at all possible, we ask that you apply the credit to a future business obligation, either for AIP or otherwise. Depending on the circumstance, AIP may reimburse for a cancellation or change fee that is not waived by the airline/rail company. Please review the terms and conditions of the credit card company used to make the purchase to determine if there are any options for trip cancellation reimbursement. If reusing an airline credit is not possible or practical, AIP will reimburse the cost of the air fare.
Additional considerations may apply:
- A person who travels frequently and will be able to use the airline credit for another business trip. Note: if the full amount of the ticket cannot be reimbursed within the one-year timeframe, AIP may reimburse any outstanding credit that will be lost.
- A person who travels infrequently and will not have the opportunity to utilize the credit that they had intended to use at the end of one-year time frame, AIP may reimburse the outstanding credit balance.
Please familiarize yourself with and adhere to the Travel Guide for Volunteers. Requests for reimbursement should be made via AIP’s Travel Expense Form. Remember to sign the form, copy receipts, and send them via email to vbridges [at] aip.org. AIP's benchmark for travel reimbursement is 14 days post meeting date. If you need more time due to an airline credit (addressed above), please notify vbridges [at] aip.org.