The mission of the American Institute of Physics is to advance, promote, and serve the physical sciences for the benefit of humanity.
The American Institute of Physics with its Member Societies expands the impact and enhances the stature of the physical sciences.
- Promote the physical sciences through effective communication, education, and policy initiatives.
- Furnish trusted information, ideas, and evidence-based recommendations to scientists, educators, government and the public.
- Convene groups and individuals across the physical sciences and beyond to solve challenges for the benefit of society and the advancement of science.
- Develop and sustain a diverse community of leaders who expand the impact that fundamental and applied research has on society.
- Collect, preserve, and make available physical science knowledge and the history of the discipline.