By Amanda Nelson, Associate Archivist
We’ve been busy receiving new collections in the first half of the year at the Niels Bohr Library & Archives. Here is a list highlighting some of the new additions. All of these collections are available to researchers both in our reading room and via electronic loan. To access them or any of our collections please contact us.
American Institute of Physics
- Journal publishing censorship practices during World War II – from the Publishing Division this set of documents shows various practices for publishing journal articles during World War II and ensuring that confidential material was not published
American Crystallographic Association
- Evolution of Small Molecule Instrumentation in North America – a video recording from the ACA 2012 meeting in Boston, MA by Susan K. Byram
- History of Structural Biology – a video recording from the ACA 2012 meeting in Boston, MA by Donald L. Caspar
- Thomas C. Terwilliger’s acceptance speech for the Ken Trueblood Award – a video recording from 2013
American Physical Society
- Ernest Merritt early APS movies – Donated by Ernest Merritt’s grandson, Nickolas Merritt Waser show some early APS meetings from the 1930s with people such as Sir William Bragg, Arthur and Karl Compton, George Pegram and others
- Southeastern Section addition to records – from Stanley Deans are his records as Secretary of the APS Southeastern Section from 2005-2010 including correspondence, meeting materials and newsletters
- Annual meeting recordings of Forum for History of Physics (FHP) sponsored sessions from the March and April 2014 meetings
Ted Berlincourt records
- Four record boxes currently being processed that follow Berlincourt’s work in superconductivity and with the Office of Naval Research and the Secretary of Defense.